Showing all 7 results
Swing Improv Workout – Monthly Class Pass$100.00 Add to cart
Want to learn to how to improvise? Want to become a better improviser? You have to start somewhere, come join us. In September, we’ll work out on Bob Will’s Take Me Back to Tulsa. This song is a fiddler’s dream, combine classic Western Swing licks with your fiddle tune knowledge. We’ll focus on that authentic “Western Swing sound.” You’ll learn how to use the 6th and the 9th, plus how to create a beautiful fiddle solo over these simple chord changes. Yes, it’s all the 1 & 5 chord in the key of G!
- How to solo centered around the melody
- Use the Sugar Moon licks over Take Me Back to Tulsa
- How to build a tasteful Western Swing solo
- How to get a natural swing feel/groove
- How to find and use tasteful/cool notes
- Learn to use Western Swing double stops
Swing Improv Workout 10-Pack$450.00 Add to cart
Are you very dedicated to learning how to improvise? Searching for a way to practice improvisation? Looking for jazz violin, swing improvisation, or Western Swing improvisation classes? Look no further. These ongoing classes are for you! The 10 pack offers a great discount on 5 months worth of classes/workouts. Together we work out on swing rhythms, the melody, playing the chord changes, learning licks, chord shapes, and jamming. Buy your 10 pack now and pause it at the start of any month.
Texas Tunes 9-Pack$405.00 Add to cart
Upcoming Texas Style Tunes classes:
- September 2, 9, 23: Breakdown – Bill Cheatum
- October 7, 14, 28: Waltz – Sopris Waltz
- November 4, 11, December 2: Tune of Choice – Ragtime Annie
- December: OFF
Texas Style Tunes: Breakdown – Bill Cheatum$150.00 Add to cart
Bill Cheatum is one of those great crossover tunes into old-time and bluegrass. Come learn an 8-part version with variations and all! You can use this tune in a jam session, gig, or contest! This class comes with guitar back-up tracks, sheet music (only for reference, we learn it by ear), and listening tracks.
Mastery: Session 1 Certification Program – Module 3$260.00 Add to cart
While continuing to hone your technique, Module 3 builds your repertoire with a vast variety of fiddle tunes. You’ll learn solid versions of classics from Liberty and Wind That Shakes the Barley, to the Gene Autry Waltz Tears on My Pillow and the early 1900’s bluesy East Texas Drag. By the time you reach Lesson 12, you’ll be ready for the shuffle bowing in our much more complex version of Old Joe Clark and our twin fiddle version of Pig Ankle Rag. In addition to bowing work, Module 3 also covers how to relax in mind and body through physical exercises and check-ins that also contribute to a relaxed frame of mind.
Mastery: Session 2 Certification Program – Module 3$260.00 Add to cart
Module 3 of the Mastery: Session 2 Certification Program includes Lessons 21, 22, 23, and 24. These four lessons take us through the completion of Fiddle School Session 2! Here is the long moment that lots of you have been waiting for: it’s time for building speed! This is the skill that many fiddlers dream of, and it doesn’t come easy. The good news is that by the time you arrive at Lesson 21 in the Mastery program, you will have the foundation and repertoire that you’ll need to build speed with success.
Practice with a Coach: Session 1 – Single Class Pass$45.00 Add to cart
Practice Coaching: Session 1 workouts are designed to go hand in hand with Katie’s Mastery: Session 1 Certification Program. You’ll develop flow, efficiency, and intuition as we work on one corresponding Session 1 lesson each month, including:
- Specific warm-up exercises
- Common tripping points in tunes
- Practical ways to practice the skills checklist from each Session 1 lesson
- Custom practice tips and techniques for each Fiddle School tune
- Performance strategies to help you ace your mastery performances
- How to use your time efficiently to prepare for your next Mastery class meeting
- How to move past old habits and get more out of your next class
- A detailed, written, day-by-day practice plan for that month’s lesson