Enjoy a very special collection of interviews and presentations that we’ve done at Fiddle School online camps. The interviews all begin with 10 minutes of the featured musician’s music, followed by a one hour interview, and a Q & A for those who were there live. Everyone interviewed has been a musical hero of mine for all of my life.
The presentations are all very special, and you won’t find them anywhere else. The first was at our Weekend with Bob Wills, and who better to give a presentation but Brett Bingham. The second is from the same camp, and this is the Women in Western Swing presentation by Celeste Johnson. She had special guest Cindy Cashdollar to talk about the history of women in this genre. Celeste’s handout (which is incredible) comes with this course.
- The first presentation is: The Life and Times of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys by expert and author Brett Bingham.
- Evening Interview by Adam Kulakow with Jim “Texas Shorty” Chancellor — a grand champion and legend of Texas fiddling.
- Women in Western Swing Presentation by Celeste Johnson & grammy award winning dobro player, Cindy Cashdollar.
- Interview by Adam Kulakow: Conversations with Jazz Violinists, Andy Stein. Do you love jazz violin?
- Evening interview by Katie Glassman: A Conversation with Country Fiddler, Hank Singer. If you love classic country, you’ll want to listen to this legendary interview.