Session 1: Practice with a Coach
with Celeste Johnson
2nd Fridays: 11-12 MST
Practice Coaching: Session 1 workouts are designed to go hand in hand with Katie’s Mastery: Session 1 Certification Program. You’ll develop flow, efficiency, and intuition as we work on one corresponding Session 1 lesson each month, including:
- Specific warm-up exercises
- Common tripping points in tunes
- Practical ways to practice the skills checklist from each Session 1 lesson
- Custom practice tips and techniques for each Fiddle School tune
- Performance strategies to help you ace your mastery performances
- How to use your time efficiently to prepare for your next Mastery class meeting
- How to move past old habits and get more out of your next class
- A detailed, written, day-by-day practice plan for that month’s lesson
When you finish, not only will your practice for the day be done but you’ll have a detailed, day-by-day practice plan written out to guide you through an entire month of practice for that lesson. You’ll learn and experience how to solve your own practice problems so that when you practice alone, you always know what to do.
These coaching sessions pair perfectly with Katie’s Mastery: Session 2 Certification Program—they’ll give you the tools you need to practice your material effectively and surpass any challenge you encounter along the way. If you feel nervous about playing in front of people, this is a great no-pressure way to exercise that muscle. I promise your Mastery performances will feel so much smoother after these Session 1 Practice Coaching workouts.
Prerequisites: to join a practice coaching workout, you should have already watched all of the Practice Buddies and learning videos for that month’s lesson. You’ll do best if you also have that month’s tunes memorized. If you’re working on Session 2, join our Session 2 practice coaching workouts here.