With Katie Glassman
Thursdays: March 4, March 11, and March 25
Tune Type: Breakdown – Honey Boy
Texas-style fiddle tunes are my heart and soul. With a rich history, driving rhythm, and beautiful longbow technique, they make the fiddle sound perfectly beautiful. We’ll learn this as a 5-part tune with all of the classic variations.The Texas Style Tunes webinar has become one of my absolute favorite classes to teach. Each month we rotate between learning a breakdown, a waltz, or a tune of choice. These are all tunes suitable for fiddle contests.
Learn the tune step-by-step, by ear, over the course of two class times. The sheet music and a guitar back-up track are included – but I highly recommend learning the song by ear along with me. After two consecutive classes, you’ll get a week off to solidify, smooth out, and memorize the fiddle tune; In the third class, you’ll perform your rendition, and I’ll offer individual feedback on how to sound your best and how to personalize the tune.
Upcoming Texas Style Tunes classes:
- March 4, 11, 25 – Breakdown: Honey Boy
- April – NO CLASS – Texas Style Tunes class break for the online retreat:
- A Weekend of Texas Tunes – April 23-35
- May 6, 13, 27 – Waltz: Sweet Memories Waltz
- June 3, 10, 24 – Tune of Choice: Florida Blues (Let’s swing it!)